Saturday, December 19, 2009

First Visit from the Tooth Fairy



Back in mid-November, we were sitting in church when Derek came to me and asked what was in his mouth. I looked and there was a big tooth coming in on the bottom and his baby teeth were still there - and not the least bit wiggly! I knew this might create a problem eventually, with no room for all those teeth, so we went to the dentist. He pulled out the bottom two teeth and Derek didn't put up a fuss at all! He actually happily came with me and willingly laid down on the chair. I can't say I personally would have acted the same way, but I think the "happy gas" might have had something to do with it. . . Anyway, the tooth fairy came and it was all just so magical at five o'clock in the morning. My awareness at that time of day was honestly not at the same level as Derek's, but it was fun to share that small and magical moment with him.

No comments: