Friday, August 13, 2010

Sake's Alive - TUCKER IS FIVE!



Tucker had a birthday last week! Poor kid was not well at all. He got pink eye, then an ear infection, then spots on his throat. He was not quite the spunky birthday boy we thought he would be. He tried his hardest to enjoy it, but really just wanted to lay down. You can tell in the picture, he just doesn't look well. We postponed his party until a week later when he felt better.



I got him this bowling set. He loves games and makes up all kinds of games. Reminds me of the Calvin and Hobbes cartoons where they play "Calvin Ball."



Here is his cake on his actual birthday. Notice how Zane is pluggin his ears. Is it our singing?

He wanted an M&M party, so we bought lots and lots of M&Ms. I made M&M beanbags to play with and made M&M pillows as party favors. We played Don't Eat Pete, BINGO, Musical M&Ms (musical chairs) and more M&M party games. We all had so much fun!

As I was making stuff for the party, I gave everyone some M&Ms. Tucker was still sick, but I thought he would still eat them. Nope. He told me he didn't like M&Ms. I was wondering why the heck he told me wanted an M&M party when he didn't like them anymore! As it turns out, he came to his senses and truly does love M&Ms. He enjoyed his party and we have since played all the games over and over again.



Here is his cake on his party day. What a difference! Notice how Zane is still plugging his ears. Are we really that annoying when we sing Happy Birthday?

Happy Birthday, little Tucker-man!

1 comment:

Madeline said...

Happy Birthday Tucker! I thought kids weren't supposed to get sick in the summer! I've had kids with ear infections, coughs and eye infections all week!