Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving Past and Present




This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for what you see here above. I love my family! I love my boys (Andy counts as one of the boys)! I remember past Thanksgivings with so many great memories. I remember the first turkey I cooked without the aid (or supervision) of my mother. Pulling the neck out of the bird was just about the grossest thing I could imagine! I don't remember seeing my mother do that. My sister Julie was with me in my tiny little newlywed apartment in Springville, UT. We were screaming with laughter as the neck just kept coming out the hole! That wasn't the worst! I realized there was a bag of unmentionables in there too! That memory is classic. Because our "discoveries" took so long, we didn't eat until well after six (everyone skipped lunch, too). I had no dish washer and did six loads of dishes to clean it all up.
I remember other Thanksgivings that included more than just our family. I love being able to share Thanksgiving Dinner with family AND friends. Thanks to our friends the Shaw family in Texas who had us over two years ago. We were moving the following week and literally had no table to sit at! We had sold most of our furniture in order to fit everything in the moving truck. It would have been cheese and crackers on the floor! This year we are heading to Montrose, CO to be with Andy's parents. I am thankful for them and their ability to make each visit a memory filled with laughs! Can't wait to see what memory this year will hold!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM THE BASS FAMILY!!!!!

1 comment:

Jaimie said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! We enjoyed having you guys with us for Turkey day and we sure miss you all!!