Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year, New Rooms!

Andy finished Derek's bedroom and Derek got to sleep there New Year's Day. It was a longer project than we thought, but it is done and Derek loves it. We painted, built a closet, put in a door, and got him a bed. It sounds so simple, and yet . . .



Once Derek moved out of the bunkbed, Zane got to move out of the crib and into the bottom bunk. He was so very excited to sleep in the same room as Tucker. Of course, crib to bed isn't as easy as all that, but he is doing remarkably well and hopefully won't try to reclaim the crib when the baby comes!



Tucker stayed put, but was such a great helper. He helped load people's clothes into boxes and put them away in their drawers. He was thrilled about his new bunkmate. What's more is everyone sleeps in a little later (of course, now that school has started, that isn't such a great thing, but I'll take what I can get).

2 comments:

Jaimie said...

new rooms are always fun. I bet Derek loves being by himself, huh?

larshannon said...

I think I missed the new baby announcement so here is my late Congrats!