Friday, May 21, 2010

Andy the Snake Man

Andy slaughtered a snake last night. Someone rang our doorbell at nine o'clock last night. It was our neighbor across the street. She told us a big snake was in our yard and she was worried about the our kids and her grandkids coming in contact with it. Andy and I went out armed with a shovel and a camera. Our neighbor's son was there with a shovel as well, but was not willing to make the first move. I don't blame him.




For those of you who know Andy, he is terrified of snakes. However, he took the shovel and whacked that thing about a dozen times. This might seem inhumane, but who knows how long Animal Control would have taken. What if it was poisonous and there are all these kids on the street? I don't want to have a snake slither into my home. Anyway, Derek was supposed to be in bed, but heard all the commotion and came out. I think he is in awe of his Dad. Kudos to Andy for overcoming his fear.

1 comment:

Lucky Larson's said...

I am so impressed---I can't killthem--I am not afraid of them-I just can't---
AWESOME job Andy