Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Super Bowl & Valentine Boxes



Nana and Grandpa came down to enjoy the Super Bowl with us. We had a great time and loved the 3-D part! The Saturday before, everyone but me and Zane played golf down in Farmington, NM where the course was very brown but open for business. The boys LOVED playing with Nana and Grandpa and came home very tired. (Thank goodness!)



As I mentioned before, Zane and I didn't go golfing. Some crazy rule about "no one-year-olds on the course." Anyway, so Zane decided that having muscles might make him look older than one so next time he can go golfing with his grandparents. I personally think he doesn't look older, but looks pretty funny!



Just yesterday, Derek came home with the all-important assignment of creating his "Valentine Box." The next morning he approaches me and says,
"Mom, I know what I want to do with my box and I know how to do it, too."
"Oh?" I say. "What's that?"
"I want it to be an alligator and his mouth opens and shuts and you put the valentines in his mouth!"
"How did you come up with that?"
"I had a dream about it!"
And that dream was apparently a good one, because I think his alligator box turned out fabulous!


Tucker must have thought so too, because he decided to make a shark one. We made fins and flippers that you can't see in the pictures.



This picture is a little better so you get the full effect.

The countdown to NASCAR continues. Thank you all for your sympathy. I told Andy that since last weekend we watched the Super Bowl and on Feb. 15th we will watch NASCAR that THIS weekend we are going to watch "Enchanted" because I have never seen it! He is a good man and agreed to it. How many of your husbands enjoyed "Enchanted?" Andy is a little skeptical, so I need evidence that it is not a horribly "girly" movie. (He'll watch it anyway, but I want to save myself from cynical remarks coming from the other side of the couch.) Thanks again. Any other good "chick" movies I might be missing?

4 comments:

Dianne said...

Israel thought it was funny. It is girlie, but the funniness does offset it a bit. Ahh ..just enjoy it anyway.

Jaimie said...

You're lucky he will watch it with you. I had to watch that one solo. Nate is not too big on chick flicks anyway. One that he might like is Fever Pitch, with Drew Barymore and Jimmy Fallon, it's about baseball :) The valentine's boxes are totally cool!

Moore Family said...

The boxes are cute and what a great idea that Derek had.
How is he liking school? I knew that you said he wasn't very happy about it at one time but has he warmed up to the idea?
I know I sure do enjoy it!!! Next year Carter will have all day school and Bess will be gone for 4 days of the week for 3 hours....what am I going to do with myself?? Oh I think I can figure it out quickly!

larshannon said...

Since my house is now shifted to the girlie side, I could go on and on about chick flick. Enchanted - Jared laughed. Tinkerbell - he wouldn't watch even if you hog tied him.

Nice box Derek, you did great.